Total Pageviews

Monday, March 25, 2019

Art imitating Life

I have to admit, I'm not much of a jewelry guy.  But every now and then a piece just speaks to you.

I subscribe to a few BMW motorcycle groups on Facebook.  The other day, a fellow on FB posted about a silversmith friend of his who was casting mens rings in the form an R68/R69S valve cover.

The castings were spot on, and I had to have one. Despite originally being made in up to a size 12, Bruce agreed to fabricate one for my fat finger in a 13.

So it's in production now.   If it looks half as good as the pics on his site, I'll be very pleased.  I opted for the oxide version as it gives a sort of aged, worn look and I liked the contrast.  Much like the valve covers on my bikes. Check them out, or order one for yourself at www.keisersterling.com

Update: My ring arrived and it's awesome!  Very cool piece that doubles as a weapon in pinch!



No comments:

Post a Comment